Family Medicine Physician & Sports Medicine located in Wilmington, NC
Physical therapy isn’t just an important part of injury rehabilitation; it can also help you train better and live an injury-free life. Under the leadership of Dr. Richard Ferro, Carolina Care in Wilmington, North Carolina, offers physical therapy solutions for a wide range of conditions. Learn ways to reduce your pain and improve your performance at Carolina Care. Call the practice or schedule an appointment online today.
Physical Therapy Q & A
What is physical therapy?
Physical therapy is the area of health care that addresses musculoskeletal disorders through exercise, unique approaches, and manual skills.
When you have physical therapy, your provider uses specially designed exercises, exercise equipment, and cutting-edge technology like ultrasounds and lasers to improve, restore, or maintain your physical function and strength.
Carolina Care uses physical therapy to treat a variety of medical conditions in men and women of all ages, including:
- Back pain
- Sports injuries
- Balance problems
- Overuse injuries
- Work-related injuries
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Pre- and postsurgery rehabilitation
- Car, motorcycle, or other vehicle-related trauma
At Carolina Care, physical therapy is provided by a licensed clinician who has completed an accredited physical therapy program and passed a state board licensure exam. The clinicians can treat disorders of the muscle, tendon, nerve, and joints.
Are there different types of physical therapy?
The experienced physical therapists at Carolina Care offer a variety of approaches to manage multiple conditions, including:
- Geriatric physical therapy to address age-related conditions
- Vestibular therapy to address balance issues related to the inner ear
- Neurological physical therapy for conditions like Alzheimer’s disease or stroke
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation to build physical stamina and endurance
- Pediatric physical therapy to manage conditions affecting young children and teenagers
The Carolina Care physical therapy team also offers custom orthotics and footwear suggestions.
What are the benefits of physical therapy?
Physical therapy has benefits for men, women, and children of all ages and abilities, including infants and the elderly.
Carolina Care physical therapy can help you:
- Avoid surgery
- Support your recovery after injury or surgery
- Eliminate or decrease your need for pain relievers
- Increase and improve your movement to reduce future injury
Physical therapy can also help you eliminate bad habits during everyday activities like walking, running, and sitting. By addressing these problems through motion analysis, the Carolina Care health care professionals create strategies to help you relieve everyday pain in your back, joints, and elsewhere. They also develop programs specifically designed to train competitive athletes.
Take the steps you need to reduce your risk of injury, improve faster after surgery, or increase your athletic performance. Call Carolina Care or schedule an appointment online today.